Here’s a project that has been on my list for TWO YEARS! Ugh, it’s so 2017… but I had fun modeling this prism holder in Tinkercad, 3D printing it, and using it to capture some rad selfies. It’s always fun to put another tool in the photography toolbox. Tutorial on Instructables
- 3D design software, I’m using Tinkercad (free)
- 3D printer, I’m using the Creality CR10s Pro
- PLA filament, I’m using Hatchbox 1.75mm in Pure White and Wood
- Spray sealant such as Rust-oleum concrete sealer
- Potting soil (formulated for succulents)
- Small to medium sized succulents
- Succulent container gardening toolkit (optional but handy)
- Grow lamp (optional but useful in winter when it’s too cold by the window)
It’s simple to create your own ramp for moving motorcycles in and out of vans and trucks with a few pieces of lumber and special ramp bracket. Full tutorial on Instructables.
This costume hood can be any LED-eyed creature you choose just by changing the colors. This circuit uses one simple, close-range RF remote to control two receivers on the same frequency, and Arduino code employing interrupts to achieve responsive animation changes. Full tutorial on Instructables.
Magnetic circuit with bluetooth app controlled LED strip under my Vespa scooter creates ground effect lighting/underglow. Full tutorial on Instructables.
This is a list of my favorite LED diffusion ideas, which I hope will provide you with some sparks of inspiration for creating your own next-level illumination.
A shelf for my drives! Take a peek behind my computer, and you’ll find a stack of external hard drives and a mess of cables. I keep a piece of fabric in front of this area to help keep dust out, but it’s far from perfect and takes up a lot of horizontal desk space.
My goal with this project is to free up this space while creating a new safe home for my drives, where they could get fresh air without clogging up their fans with sawdust or anything else.